Improve Patient Outcomes Through Family-Centered Care: 5 Core Measures of Early Childhood Development: The Coaching Model of Treatment
Your step-by-step guide to become every parent’s favorite provider!
- Identify the 5 Core Measures within the UDC Model of Treatment
- Teach the importance of each core measure and its impact on development
- Summarize evidenced-based research supporting each core measure
- Identify and teach methods to support each core measure in NICU, home health & out-patient settings
- Provide tools students can use to assess & track outcomes of each core measure
What You Will Learn
Is This Course Right For You?
An Occupational/Physical/Speech Therapist in NICU, Early Intervention, and Out-Patient settings or a Developmental Therapist, a Special Instructor, or Early Childhood Educator who...
- Is often stuck trying to utilize the Coaching Model of Treatment?
- Needs a clear progression of treatment?
- Has a desire to promote patient and family well-being?
- Is frustrated with the lack of carryover with home programs?
- Is plagued with chronic no shows, no-call cancellations?
- Struggles with writing goals?
The pandemic brought the importance of coaching parents to the forefront, but I had found so few accessible and instantly applicable courses to guide me , despite taking every coaching course I could find. Laura’s expertise in the NICU, home health, and out-patient environments informed her coursework and brought a wealth of knowledge other providers did not have.
IntroductionAn overview of a proven treatment model & its 5 Core Measures. Discover how to utilize course skills to gain confidence & put new knowledge to work in the field immediately.
Protect SleepDiscover the anatomy of sleep and its crucial role in brain development. Learn to coach families on safeguarding sleep including how to put their little one on a sleep schedule.
Manage Pain & StressDiscover the detrimental effects pain & stress have on child development. Learn coaching techniques to help parents assess & manage pain & stress.
Daily Living ActivitiesUncover specific components of activities of daily living within the birth to 5 population. Boost your skills to coach parents to address positioning, skin integrity and feeding of their child.
Family-Centered CareIdentify the key concepts of Family-Centered Care. Learn to build a partnership with your families to promote success for your patient.
Healing EnvironmentsAnalyze the 5 components of a healing environment & their role in promoting the sequential development of the sensory systems. Learn to coach parents on the benefits and creation of a healing environment.
Put it TogetherReview of the 5 core measures, goals and focus tasks & application strategies including a simple scale that will help you document functional improvement.
All refunds to be processed through the Teachable secure payment site
** There are no financial and non-financial disclosures to report.**
What Students Say...
Laura R. Barnhart, OTR/L, CNT, CIIT, is a practicing Occupational Therapist and Certified Neonatal Therapist with over 20 years of experience in home health, out-patient and NICU settings.
She has been a Certified International Instructor Trainer since 2014.